Aaron Judge flies out in the second inning. (Arturo Pardavila III/Flickr)

All rise for the honorable Aaron Judge

Former Bulldog Aaron Judge has arrived in the Big Leagues and is putting on a show with the home runs he launches into orbit.

A rookie, Judge is currently the most captivating player in baseball and is a must-see every time he comes up to bat.

Standing at 6 feet 7 inches and weighing in at 282 pounds, the Yankees’ right fielder is a behemoth. His humble approach to the game makes him the superstar Major League Baseball has been craving.

Although he is only 25 years old, his home runs have pushed him to the forefront of baseball this season. The rookie is tied for third in the league with six home runs. The last two have been moonshots, registering at 457 and 451 feet.

When Judge first tasted the big leagues, he was immediately the center of attention. He started in legendary fashion, homering in his very first plate appearance.

Although it is very early in the season, no rookie has stood out more than Judge, putting him on the inside track to win Rookie of the Year.

At the end of the season, assuming Judge continues to produce, he should be honored as the league’s best rookie. Regardless of what the voters decide, Judge is as worthy a candidate since Derek Jeter retired in 2014 to be the face of baseball.

Even though Jeter was the greatest player of his time, he wasn’t necessarily the best. This works in Judge’s favor. The best player in baseball is Mike Trout, who’s historical comparison is Mickey Mantle.

Expecting Judge to play at Trout’s level is ridiculous, simply because no one in baseball plays at Trout’s level and given that Trout is playing like Mantle.

Although Trout is baseball’s best, he plays for the Angels, which are not one of the historically great and popular teams.

The faces of baseball have typically been Yankees, such as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe Dimaggio, Mantle and Jeter.

Judge has the potential to be next in line, and he has the demeanor, too. He seemingly never takes credit when the Yankees win, instead he defers all praise to his teammates.

Even after he hits monster home runs, he never puts himself above the team. After a 9-1 win on April 19, in which Judge blasted a 448-foot home run, a reporter for YES Network asked Judge if he surprises himself with his power.  

He replied in typical Judge fashion: “I’m just trying to make contact, swing at the right pitches. If I can do that, good things will happen.”

Judge is a legend in the making, and as long as his success continues, baseball needs to rally around him like he’s Jeter.