Redshirt junior guard Jaron Hopkins (#1) dribbles down the court against Colorado State on Jan. 18, 2017, at the Save Mart Center. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

Students can score big on Student Night at the Save Mart Center

The Fresno State men’s basketball team will be hosting Student Night on Saturday, Feb. 18 at the Save Mart Center as the Bulldogs take on the New Mexico State Lobos.

The Bulldogs will wear special all-black uniforms with “Student” on the back in place of their last name to show appreciation for the large population of students at Fresno State who help make athletics possible.

Fans are encouraged to wear black to the game in support of students and student-athletes alike.

Students who attend will have the chance to win a $2,500 scholarship, courtesy of Office Depot, and an Apple watch.

In addition, all students will be given a black, special edition Fresno State T-shirt to show their school spirit. The T-shirt says, “Our Students, Our Team, Our Valley.” The first 1,000 students will also receive a free Guadalajara taco at the game.

Tip-off is at 3 p.m. The game will be televised by CBS Sports.

After the men’s game, fans can watch past Bulldogs take the court again for the Fresno State Men’s Basketball Alumni scrimmage.