Runners participate in “Let’s Get Physical 5K Run/Walk” near the North Gym on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017. (Yezmene Fullilove)

Run, walk, raise funds

The department of physical therapy held its annual fundraiser “Let’s Get Physical 5K Run/Walk” Feb. 25.

The event’s start and finish was by the North Gym. There were two routes: a one-mile walk and a 5K run that circled the campus twice.

“A lot of people came with their family, their kids, their spouses. It was really good. We had about 90 people show up,” said Nicholas Oifoh, a physical therapy student.  

Student Carolyn Collins said that the proceeds go toward paying for course and exam preparation, sending students to conferences and buying equipment and other things needed for training.

Student Gina Horath said it was fun being at the event with her classmates because the benefits go to a good cause and show how the department is like a family.

“We do it every year, so we’ll be out here next year,” Horath said. “And it’s a great event, a great time of the year, like perfect racing weather. So the more people we can get out next year, the better.”