The Indiana Pacers’ Paul George (#13) looks to pass against the Miami Heat’s Tyler Johnson, left, and James Johnson during the fourth quarter at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016. The Heat won, 95-89. (David Santiago/El Nuevo Herald/TNS)

Former Bulldogs in the NBA

• Paul George (Small Forward, Indiana Pacers) (Fresno State 2008-2010)
  • 21.7 points per game
  • 3.3 assists per game
  • 6.2 rebounds per game
  • Despite recent trade rumors of George going to the Lakers, the small forward is putting up numbers for the Indiana Pacers that contribute to what could be his best season yet. In his seventh season, George is shooting over 90 percent from the free-throw line, and the 26-year-old shows no signs of slowing down. The former Fresno State player enters free agency in the summer of 2018 and is sure to have multiple teams fighting for his talents.  
  • Tyler Johnson (Shooting Guard, Miami Heat) (Fresno State 2010-2014)
  • 13.8 points per game
  • 3.3 assists per game
  • 4.2 rebounds per game
  • Johnson has yet to start a game for the Miami Heat this season but has played in 52 games, 16 more than the previous season. The former Bulldog has also increased his points per game from the previous season by five. Johnson’s free-throw percentage is over 70 percent. In just his third year in the NBA, Johnson is sure to become a staple in the Heat organization within the next three years.