Former Fresno State football head coach Tim DeRuyter speaks to reporters following a loss to San Diego State at Bulldog Stadium on Oct. 14, 2016. (Khone Saysamongdy/The Collegian)

Former Bulldog coaches find new homes

Tim DeRuyter was named defensive coordinator at UC Berkeley, three months after he was fired as Fresno State head football coach. DeRuyter will now take the helm on the defensive side under new head coach for the Cal Bears, Justin Wilcox.

DeRuyter was relieved of his coaching duties in October after a 1-7 start to the season. Before his time at Fresno State, he served as defensive coordinator at Texas A&M. While he was there, he coached all-pro linebacker for the Denver Broncos, Von Miller.

As for the man who was named interim head coach after DeRuyter was let go, former offensive coordinator for the Bulldogs, Eric Kiesau, was hired as the wide receivers coach for conference foe Boise State.

Lorenzo Ward, former defensive coordinator for Fresno State, was named defensive backs coach for Louisville. Ward previously served as defensive coordinator for the University of South Carolina Gamecocks.