Fresno State center Bego Faz Davalos (#4) gets shocked blocked during a game against Cal State Northridge on Friday night at the Save Mart Center. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

Career-high 19 points for Jacobs not enough for Fresno State

It was a tough offensive performance for the ’Dogs as they fell on the road to Wyoming 70-48 in a Mountain West conference battle on Wednesday evening.

At the half, the Bulldogs trailed 33-17. Seventeen points ties a season-low for points scored in the first half.

Fresno State sophomore Tory Jacobs scored a career-high 19 points and helped the Bulldogs go on a 15-7 run to get within 10 but it was not enough.

Wyoming’s Marta Gomez sank a 3-pointer just before the end of the 3rd quarter and after Wyoming missed its first 3-point attempts, they made four straight to go up 63-44 with 7:18 left in the game.

The loss snaps a five-game win streak against the Cowgirls.

Before the game it was announced that sophomore forward Breanne Knishka will miss the remainder of the season due to a left knee injury. Knishka started 13 games for the Bulldogs this season.

Fresno State (8-6, 1-2 Mountain West) play host to the San Jose State Spartans (4-10, 1-1 MW) on Saturday at 2 p.m.