Sophomore guard Candice White (#10) drives by a USF defender during a home game at the Save Mart Center against the USF Dons on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2016. (Khone Saysamongdy/The Collegian)

Women’s basketball goes 1-and-1

The Fresno State women’s basketball team went 1-1 this week, falling to the No. 13 Washington Huskies 85-54 on Sunday and defeating the University of San Francisco Dons 61-48 at home on Wednesday night.

The ’Dogs lost to the Huskies on the road at the Alaska Airlines Arena after a rough-shooting afternoon.

Fresno State was able to pull within one point with 3:31 remaining in the third quarter when Washington responded with a 36-6 run.

Bulldog sophomore Candice White scored 19 points to lead the ’Dogs, and junior center Bego Faz Davalos contributed 11 points and 13 rebounds.

Fresno State then took the court against USF on Wednesday night, and three players scored in double figures to help put the Bulldogs out in front.

Sophomore guard Tory Jacobs had 17 points, Davalos had 16 and White had 14. Davalos also had 11 rebounds, her 20th career double-double.

Fresno State returns home Wednesday, Dec. 7 to take on CSU Dominguez Hills at 7 p.m.