Courtesy of Ryan Beatty’s website

Music Monday: Ryan Beatty

At just 21 years old, Los Angeles-based pop artist Ryan Beatty continues to showcase his growth as an individual and a musician with every step he takes in his career.

Hailing from Clovis, Beatty started his career in 2009 when he began posting covers on his sister’s YouTube channel, eventually creating his own in February 2011.

Beatty posted videos himself covering popular songs in his bedroom that racked up millions of views. With over 6 million views, his most viewed video is a cover of “Marry You” by Bruno Mars from May 2011.

It wasn’t long after starting his own YouTube channel that Beatty began playing live shows and touring.

So far Beatty has released two EPs (extended plays). His debut EP, “Because of You,” was released in July 2012 and debuted at No. 1 on the US Pop Albums Chart. He followed it up a year later with his self-titled EP, “Ryan Beatty.”

Though it was in those first few years of his career that Beatty began to establish a name, he has tried to distance himself from those first couple of releases with his new music.

Earlier this year Beatty released electro-pop track “Passion,” the first single from his forthcoming album and the first of Beatty’s original music that showcases the growth and maturity that has taken place since his first release.

Not long after “Passion,” Beatty released “Stay Gold,” a more soulful pop-rock track that further proves Beatty knows what he’s doing and that the time he spent working on music between releases did not go to waste.

Last week Beatty released a new song on SoundCloud called “Love On Me.”

“This song is about giving yourself the freedom to fall in love. To let go and give in. To experience and explore,” he said in an interview with Just Jared Jr.

You can find Beatty on Twitter at @TheRyanBeatty and on Instagram at @ryanbeatty.