Get festive in Fresno

Christmas Tree Lane

One of Fresno’s most famous holiday traditions is Christmas Tree Lane. Located on Van Ness Boulevard between Shields Avenue and Shaw Avenue, millions of lights illuminate the nearly two-mile stretch of homes decorated for the holidays. Over 140 homes participate every year, decorating over 300 trees. You can drive your car down Christmas Tree Lane any day during December except for the “walk nights,” which are reserved for people to walk in the street.

Hours: Sunday to Thursday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Friday and Saturday 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Walk nights: Dec. 3 and Dec. 13, 6 to 10 p.m.

Clovis Children’s Electric Christmas Parade

For several years, Old Town Clovis has hosted the Clovis Children’s Electric Christmas Parade. The parade features floats decorated and lighted for the holidays, marching bands from local high schools, decorated cars sponsored by local businesses, equestrians and more. The parade is Saturday, Dec. 3, at 6:30 p.m on the streets of Old Town Clovis. Be sure to bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on.

Fresno Chaffee ZooLights

Fresno Chaffee Zoo transforms into ZooLights for a few special evenings in December. ZooLights features miles of lights strung throughout the zoo and the perfect opportunity to see the animals while sipping hot cocoa and playing in the fake snow. Admission for adults is $9, and for an additional $2, you can use holographic sunglasses that give the lights a kaleidoscopic effect.

ZooLights runs 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the following dates: Dec. 2 -4, Dec. 9-11, Dec. 16-23 and, Dec. 26-30

Clovis Christmas Tree Lighting

Every year, Clovis has a grand ceremony to light the Christmas tree at Clovis City Hall. Guests of honor include the Mayor of Clovis and Santa of course. Clovis High School and Clark Intermediate School Choirs will perform Christmas carols and refreshments will be provided. The annual Christmas Tree Lighting will be Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m. at Clovis City Hall, 1033 Fifth Street.