Fresno State center Bego Faz Davalos (#4) gets shocked blocked during a game against Cal State Northridge on Friday night at the Save Mart Center. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

‘Dogs allow Cal State Northridge to comeback

The Fresno State women’s basketball team lost a close game to Cal State Northridge on Friday evening at the Save Mart Center, 61-57.

Fresno State led the entire game going into the fourth quarter. The Matadors responded with a 15-6 late run, cutting the ’Dogs’ lead to just two (52-50). The ‘Dogs went up by four (54-50) with a layup by Bego Faz Davalos, but the Matadors quickly took the lead with a 10-0 run that the Bulldogs could not match. Fresno State shot 0-for-8 from the field during this stretch.

A 3-pointer by Candace White with 3.7 seconds remaining made it a one-possession game, but the Bulldogs could not hang on as a free throw secured the 61-57 win for the Matadors.

Faz Davalos posted just the second triple-double in program history in the loss. She also has the first triple-double, a feat she achieved on Dec. 8, 2015, against Cal State Stanislaus.

The Bulldogs return to action in their first trip of the season on Friday at the Loyola Marymount Thanksgiving Classic. They will face Belmont on Friday at noon and UC Irvine on Saturday at 1 p.m.