Fresno State players battle for possession of the ball in a hard-fought game against Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 16. (Christian Ortuno)

Unbeaten home streak ends at six

Fresno State forward Myra Delgadillo dribbles past Colorado State's goalie to get a clear shot and score a goal on Friday, Oct. 14. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)
Fresno State forward Myra Delgadillo dribbles past Colorado State’s goalie to get a clear shot and score a goal on Friday, Oct. 14. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

The Fresno State soccer team lost to Wyoming 2-1 on Sunday afternoon, ending the Bulldogs’ home winning streak at six games. The loss lands them in 10th place in the Mountain West Conference with a record of 2-5-1 and an overall record of 7-8-1 on the year.

Following losses to Utah State and Boise State the week before, the ’Dogs responded by defeating Colorado State 2-0 on Friday night with goals from freshman Kasidee Wiley and junior Myra Delgadillo.

Freshman forward Julia Glaser scored the only goal for Fresno State on Sunday. The teams were tied 1-1 at the half, but Wyoming’s Jessie Gentle scored in the 69th minute to put the Cowgirls in front and ultimately secure the win.

“We kept fighting, trying to get the win, but it just didn’t work out,” Fresno State head coach Brian Zwaschka­said. “We created loads of great chances, but we were unable to find our composure in front of the net and finish. We need to be able to do that if we want to win.”

Fresno State freshman Julia Glaser (#8) shoots and scores a goal against Wyoming on Sunday, Oct. 16. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

The Bulldogs will travel to Colorado for a game against Colorado College on Friday at 2 p.m. and will play Air Force on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.