A nutella milkshake from Fabes at the Big Fresno Fair. (Khone Saysamongdy/The Collegian)

Fresno Foodie: The Big Fresno Fair Edition

When a person thinks of a fair, a good percentage of people will think of the food, and for good reason. The food at a fair can be an experience all in its own. The Big Fresno Fair is no exception. Many people flock there for the latest fried oddity. This year we’ll be giving you a highlight on where to go. So you don’t fill up on big corn dogs and kettle corn.

A Blooming Onion is an entire sweet onion, sliced up, battered and deep fried until golden brown. This item is perfect for sharing and is served with a side of Thousand Island dressing. This combination of salty and sweet is a satisfying fair favorite.

If you’re a fan of spice, then the Angry Chicken is for you. This sandwich talks a big game and delivers with pastrami, chicken strips, jalapenos, pepperoncinis and Siracha mayo. This sandwich is a force to be reckoned with.

The Grasshopper is a mint chocolate chip shake, topped with whipped cream, an Oreo and rimmed with crushed up Oreo and fudge. This drink is the perfect pair with something hot and fried. It’s a cool treat for these constantly changing Central Valley temperatures.

Finally, a vegetarian twist on a classic fair favorite. This corndog looks like your average fair corndog and is savory and filling enough to satisfy the pickiest of eaters. The tofu is a delicious alternative to this traditionally meaty treat. This is a hot item, according to the vendors, so make sure to get yours early.

The Cinnamon Roll at the Big Fresno Fair is a legend all of its own. This classic is a must have for all those looking for a fulfilling fair experience. These cin-fully good pastries come plain, or topped with cream cheese icing. Make sure to ask for it with walnuts. You will not be disappointed.

Fried Oreo and Twinkies: what’s there to say? A clear improvement on an original. These treats will leave you floored and asking for more. You know you’ve seen them. You know you’re wanted to try them. Don’t pass up the chance to treat yourself this fall.