DIY Halloween costumes that won’t break the bank

­

As Cady Heron from “Mean Girls” once said, “Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total s*** and no other girls can say anything about it.” ­But perhaps this year is the time to ditch the mouse ears and come up with something a little more clever.

A quality costume from a Halloween store can run from to $50 to $100 for an outfit that you wear once a year in hopes the Instagram likes are worth the price.

Here are three Do-It-Yourself (DIY) costume ideas that can be made with common clothing items that most people already own or things that are inexpensive so it doesn’t break your bank.

Samsung Customer

As seen all over the news, the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been recalled since it has been reported to catch fire. Halloween is the perfect opportunity to make a joke out of the cell phone’s defects.

First, you either grab an old pair of jeans you don’t care about or stop by a thrift store and pick some up for less than $10.

Next, cut a hole where you normally have your phone, then safely burn the edges of the hole so that it gives off a burned look.

Then voila, you’re a Samsung customer who’s phone caught on fire inside their pocket.

Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter is not only a good historical reference, it’s also a costume that requires very little effort.

Chambray denim button-up shirts seem to be a staple in any girl’s closet these days and if that’s not the case, check out Forever 21 because they’re bound to have one.

Once you roll the sleeves up like the popular campaign picture, pair it with

black or dark jeans and some Converse.

To complete the look you’ll need red lipstick and a bandana to put your hair up — ­which is an added bonus because the hairdo will take less than five minutes.

Make your friend take a picture of you holding the classic flex pose and be creative with the Instagram caption.

Sugar Daddy

This costume might cost a little more than the other two, but I think it’s worth the money.

First, buy or borrow a baby-carrier with straps, the kind that you wear on the front of your body. You can find one as low as $20 on Amazon.com.

Then find a household sack of sugar, put the sugar in the baby-carrier and you have become a sugar daddy in a literal sense. Carry a baby bottle filled with your favorite beverage for some added creativity.