August Burns Red vocalist Jake Luhrs leads the sold-out crowd during their set for the Legends of the Fall Tour stop at Strummer’s on Sept. 28, 2016. (David Chavez/The Collegian)

August Burns Red rock Strummer’s

Metalcore band August Burns Red’s most recent album “Found in Far Away Places” came out in 2015 and on Sept. 28, 2016, the band played at Strummer’s for the sold-out “Legends of the Fall Tour” stop in Fresno.

The show’s lineup featured August Burns Red along with bands Silent Planet, Make Them Suffer and Erra.

Strummer’s, a venue known for its small, intimate setting, fit the bill perfectly for fans and bands alike. Without a barricade between the artists and the crowd, it allowed for stage diving, crowd surfing and mosh pits, all equating to a night full of not just the appreciation of music but the band’s appreciation for their fans and their support throughout the years.

Silent Planet vocalist Garrett Russell said he doesn’t take shows like these for granted and expressed his gratitude for being able to tour with bands like August Burns Red.

“It’s really cool. This is the second time we’ve been here,” Russell said. “We get to come here with bands that are way cooler than us and so it’s sold out. We get to feel like rock stars even though we totally couldn’t sell this place out. But it’s super fun just having so many friends singing along. It’s super meaningful.”

Before the doors opened, fans who purchased special VIP packages, were allowed to come into the concert early for a meet-and-greet with August Burns Red.

Matt Greiner, drummer for August Burns Red, says that the meet-and-greets are one of the best parts of his day.

“You get to shake hands with someone new and hear a little bit about them,” Greiner said. “And then you see them later in the crowd.”

Australian band Make Them Suffer opened up the show and slowly but surely warmed the fans up.

Silent Planet and Erra were the next two bands who took the stage. More than half of the band were able to stage dive while still singing or playing their instrument. The crowd responded with singing along to every song and screams for more. The band didn’t need to tell the fans what to do as people could be seen crowd surfing and creating circle pits almost instantly.

The night was set for the headliners, August Burns Red. As soon as the lights turned off and the band members made their way to the front of the stage, the sound from the fans was almost deafening. The first guitar riff was played and Strummer’s looked as though it was bouncing. Everyone was moving side-to-side, pumping their fists, reaching out to the stage to give a high-five or simply shake the artist’s hands.

August Burns Red formed in 2003 and their set featured many songs spanning from their early albums all the way through to their most recent record, something the fans truly did not mind at all.

Strummer’s, although vastly different from Selland Arena and Save Mart Center, proved that having an unforgettable night surrounded by the passion of live music can sometimes be found in small places.