8 Activities for October Festivities

The pumpkin spice lattes are out and the weather is cooling down (well, as much as it can for Fresno). ­October is here!

I’ve provided a list of activities to celebrate the autumnal season with friends.

For Halloween Fright Fans:

1. Hobb’s Grove – Sanger, CA

Just twenty minutes from Fresno, Hobb’s Grove is perfect for those who love a good scare! Complete with three attractions: a haunted forest, a haunted hayride, and a haunted house (oh my!) there’s a fright night fit for everyone. Single event tickets for adults start at $16! Grab a group of friends and prepared to be scared!

2. Raisin’ Hell Ranch – Madera, CA

Similar to Hobb’s Grove, Raisin Hell Ranch is series of thrill mazes. Follow the storyline while walking through the Asylum for the Criminally Insane or run through a pitch black corn maze. ­Tickets start at $30!

3. Escape Fresno – Fresno, CA

If you’re looking for a thrill but not necessarily a scare try out Escape Fresno! Gather a group of friends and attempt to break free from a room by using clues provided! Not many groups are successful will your group be? Tickets are $25 per person.

4. Scary Movie Night In

Have a night in with friends! Pop some popcorn, order a pizza, and have a tub of ice cream on hand and get ready for some scary films–from Jaws to Scream to The Amityville Horror–Netflix has you covered!

For the Non-Fright Fans

1. Pumpkin King – Fresno, CA

You and a group of friends can visit this pumpkin patch located on Shaw avenue. ­Pick out a pumpkin or take a stroll through the straw maze! Admission and parking is absolutely free.

2. Candy Apple Making

Who doesn’t love candy apples? Get messy in the kitchen and create your own candy apples. ­All you need is chocolate, sweet treats, a microwave, and apples!

3. Pumpkin Carving & Decorating.

Have a pumpkin carving contest with your friends to get into the autumnal spirit! Not a pro at carving? No worries! Decorate your pumpkins by paint cute or spooky designs on it!

4. Bonfire Barbeque­

It wouldn’t be autumn if you couldn’t cosy up next to a fire to tell ghost stories to friends! Pick up some hot dogs, marshmallows, and hot chocolate; pack up the blankets and gather around a fire pit!