To iPhone 7 or to not iPhone 7

By now, most of us with iPhones have upgraded to the iOS 10. However, this is about the more unattainable iPhone 7.

So, what are the biggest differences from the previous iPhones and is it worth buying?

Let’s take a look.

The auxiliary jack is arguably the most talked about change due to it changing the dynamics of both using an auxiliary cord to play music in your car and using the current iPhone earbuds. To help ease the transition, you will receive a Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter with the purchase of an iPhone 7.

Water resistance changes the game for those who live life dangerously and use the phone while they are in the restroom, text while in the pool or just have bad luck with phones. The iPhone 7 is Apple’s first water-resistant phone, protecting it from “spills, splashes and even dust,” Apple said.

The camera has undergone a major upgrade. It now has a 12 megapixel camera, optical image stabilization which keeps our photos from becoming blurred and “a six-element lens to make it even better for shooting photos and videos in low light,” says Apple of the ƒ/1.8 aperture. The front-facing camera now has a 7 megapixel resolution, a benefit for the those who enjoy taking selfies.

Apple says this is it’s fastest iPhone yet. The high processing power is brought to us by the A10 Fusion Chip. Apple says the iPhone 7 is two times faster than the iPhone 6, plus has a battery that will last longer than any iPhone prior.

There are two new finishes. A matte black and or a high-gloss finish in both the 4.7 and 5.5 inch displays. The iPhone 7 frame will also be stronger than before with 7000 Series aluminum.

A new home button? Apple says, “The Home button on iPhone 7 is an advanced solid-state button designed to be durable, responsive, and pressure sensitive. Working in tandem with the new Taptic Engine, it gives you precise tactile feedback as you press. And it’s even customizable.”

This iPhone’s speakers are said to be two times as loud as the ones currently found on the iPhone 6S’s.

Apple AirPods have also been introduced with the 7. Unfortunately, those will need to be purchased separately if you want wireless capabilities.

However, this iPhone comes with newly designed EarPods connecting to the phone through the Lightning Connector.

In addition to the phone’s faster LTE capabilities; if you are a user of WhatsApp, you can now answer calls from WhatsApp, as well as other third-party calls.

The Retina HD display no features wide color and 3D Touch.

“The iPhone 7 display uses the same color space as the digital cinema industry, so what you see will be noticeably more brilliant and vibrant. Because we all deserve a bit more brightness in our day,” Apple said.

We’ve reached the question, to buy or not to buy?

The differences do not seem special enough to purchase an iPhone 7, if you have an iPhone 6 or above. However, if you have anything below in addition to also having disposable income, it would be a favor to yourself to buy the new iPhone 7.

The most current iOS is programed to run the smoothest on the most current iPhone. If you are running iOS 10 on a 5 or 5S, you are not getting the most out of your Apple product because the processor cannot run the latest iOS to its full potential.
Verdict: iPhone 5/5S? Buy the iPhone 7. iPhone 6 or above? Stick to your current phone.