5 Blast From the Past Movies for a Nostalgic Friday Night In

With another week of school coming to an end and the first set of exams right around the corner crawling under a blanket with a bowl of popcorn and a box of pizza makes for the perfect Friday night. ­Why not enjoy a few movies that remind you a simpler time? Here are a list of five movies that will take you down nostalgia lane:

1. Stardust

The perfect fantasy romance, Stardust will literally take you to the stars. ­What started as a mutual dislike between aspiring hero, Tristian, and the fallen star, Yvaine, morphs into love as the two run the English countryside to escape three witches addicted to the power of the stars. Plus, it contains the best confession of love monologue in romantic comedy history.

picture1

1. Matilda

Remember watching Matilda for the first time and thinking that you can do anything? The solitude Matilda finds within her books is inspiring. ­With knowledge comes power and she uses all of her wit to round up her friends to rid their school of the horrible Ms. Trunchbull. Even the opening credits will get you pepped up. Just tie a red bow in your hair and the world is yours! … “ON MY WAY!”

picture2

1. The Goonies

“Hey you guys!!!” The Goonies is an 80s classic and my personal favorite. It’s hilarious adventure packed film and much like Matilda makes you feel like you can accomplish anything–maybe even find One Eyed Willy’s lost treasure. I remember as a kid watching this movie over and over. ­To this day it still has yet to get old. And of course we can’t forget about the infamous Truffle Shuffle.
picture3

1. The Sandlot

We all wanted to be apart of this baseball team! Watching these fellas come together to recover Babe Ruth’s fallen baseball is an adventure from start to finish. From the black eye playing catch, to Squint’s dramatic pool incident, and the chase with the Beast himself there’s no doubt this movie will be one of the greats “FOREVER.”

picture4

1. ­Ghostbusters

It’s a Friday night and you don’t know what to watch? Who you gonna call? Oh, yeah. I went there! Ghostbusters has everything: thrill, technology ahead of its time, and comic relief courtesy of the great Bill Murray. ­Another classic, it’s the perfect movie to end the night.

picture5