The+Fresno+State+Band+and+Administration+participate+in+singing+the+Fresno+States+Fight+Song+during+the+Bulldog+Bash+held+in+the+Save+Mart+Center.+Aug.+19.+2016.+%28Christian+Ortuno%2FThe+Collegian%29+
The Fresno State Band and Administration participate in singing the Fresno States Fight Song during the Bulldog Bash held in the Save Mart Center. Aug. 19. 2016. (Christian Ortuno/The Collegian)

Fresno State welcomes new students at Bulldog Bash

The Student Rec Center filled with an excited and lively air as students entered with smiles on their faces. This was it. They were finally students at Fresno State.

After attending the New Student Convocation on Friday, the students were encouraged by the university to participate in the Bulldog Bash. A lively kickoff to the fall semester was the goal.

Entertainers DJ Kay Rich and 40 Watt Hype took the stage, rallying students to get up on their feet and dance.

Students could step-up to some friendly competition while playing inflatable games such as, Human Hungry Hungry Hippo and the Velcro Wall. They could also use fun props at a giant photo booth to capture the memories made.

A variety of booths were set up for the Bulldog Resource Fair by both on-campus and off-campus vendors. They included the University Student Union, Associated Students, Inc., Yogurtland and Target. The vendors provided resources and free items for students.

Students were encouraged to pick up a Bulldog Bash passport and fill it with stamps as they made their way to different booths. Once their passport was full, they could enter it into a raffle to win prizes, such as tickets to see Gwen Stefani at the Save Mart Center.