Fresno State head coach Rodney Terry and the men’s basketball team celebrate after winning the Mountain West Tournament title on March 12 in Las Vegas. (Steve Nowland/NCAA Photos)

Men’s basketball: ‘Dogs honored at awards banquet

Fresno State’s Time Out Club recognized the men’s basketball team for its championship season Monday at the Belmont Country Club.

During the fan-based organization’s end-of-the-year awards banquet, head coach Rodney Terry and the coaching staff honored player for their efforts during the 2015-16 season in which the team picked up 25 wins, won the Mountain West Tournament title and earned an NCAA Tournament bid.

“I am very proud of the young men in our program for how they came together as a team,” Terry said. “We fought through adversity and brought home a Mountain West Conference championship to the Valley. Our seniors have built the foundation for our program going forward.”

2015-16 Fresno State Men’s Basketball — Team Awards
(Note: A “Level 5” distinction represents championship level production, effort and attitude.)

Level 5 Teammate of the Year — Grant Shell
Level 5 Student-Athlete of the Year — Sam Bittner
Level 5 Bulldog of the Year — Terrell Carter II
Level 5 Player of the Year — Marvelle Harris
Coaches’ Award — Jahmel Taylor
Bulldog Awards (Contributions to the Program) — Cezar Guerrero, Marvelle Harris and Julien Lewis

1,000/2,000-Point Scorers
Ӣ Marvelle Harris (2,031 points)
Ӣ Julien Lewis (1,276 points)
Ӣ Cezar Guerrero (1,147 points)

Weight Room Award — Karachi Edo
Most Valuable Player — Marvelle Harris