Photo courtesy of Kiven

Weekend Wonders

Blossom Trail Run

The 18th annual 10k run starts bright and early in Sanger at 7 a.m. on Saturday. The route not only takes runners alongside the blooming flowers, but also through Downtown Sanger where participants finish near 7th Street.

In addition to the 10k, there is also a two-mile run, two-mile walk and a non-competitive 10k. There will also be various runs and walks for kids in different age groups.

For more information, visit the Facebook page for the Sanger Blossom Trail 10K Run.

CineCulture Screening

Fresno State’s CineCulture program will feature an animated drama film from Brazil.

“Rio 2096: A Story of Love and Fury” tells the story of Brazil’s most historical moments by an immortal narrator while he attempts to resurrect the woman he loves.

The film is shot in a graphic novel style and was submitted for the 86th Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature.

Following the screening, writer and director Luis Bolognesi will be taking questions and discussing the film with the audience.

It starts at 5:30 p.m. in the Leon S. and Pete P. Peters Educational Center in the Student Recreation Center tonight.

For more information, contact CineCulture adviser Dr. Mary Husain, at [email protected].

Peeve’s Movie Night

It’s the finale of Peeve’s Public House second movie night series on Saturday. The downtown pub will screen the classic British comedy “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”

Live music begins after the movie and the kitchen will remain open until 9 p.m.

For more information, visit peevespub.com.

Kiven, Sad Robot concerts

Modern rock band Kiven out of Los Angeles will perform at local pub Peeve’s Public House.

The band released their self-titled debut album, “Kiven,” in February of this year. The band has seen moderate success following their release of single “I Can Take It,” with a second appearance at the SXSW festival earlier this year.

Opening for Kiven will be fellow Angelenos Sad Robot, a three-piece group that ranges from pop to indie rock.

The concert will start at 9 p.m. on Saturday. For more information, visit peevespub.com.

7th Annual Belgian­Beer Festival

It’s the last chance to check out BC’s annual Pizza & Beer festival that started on Feb. 26 and ends on Saturday.

The event features a slew of Belgian beers on tap and in bottles as well. It starts at noon and ends at 10 p.m.

For more information, visit bcspizzaandbeer.com.