Sophomore midfielder Caroline Dineen-Carlson looks to pass during the Bulldog lacrosse team’s 14-9 March 11 loss versus Bryant University at the Soccer and Lacrosse Field. (Khlarissa Agee/The Collegian)

Lacrosse: Fresno State loses Bulldog battle at home

Sophomore midfielder Caroline Dineen-Carlson looks to pass during the Bulldog lacrosse team’s 14-9 Wednesday loss versus Bryant University at the Soccer and Lacrosse Field. (Khlarissa Agee/The Collegian)

The Fresno State lacrosse team lost to the Bryant University Bulldogs 14-9 at the Soccer and Lacrosse Field on Wednesday.

Seven minutes into the contest, Fresno State had a 2-1 lead, but it allowed three consecutive goals and gave Bryant a lead that Fresno State would not recover from.

Keys to Bryant’s success were draw controls. It had 17, while Fresno State had only eight.

“We’re still struggling as a team on the draw, which is a big momentum changer,” said Fresno State head coach Jessica Giglio.

Bryant junior Lauren Descalzo led her team with seven goals off 12 shots. For Fresno State, sophomore Caroline Dineen-Carlson tallied her fourth hat trick of the year, bringing her season goal total to a team-high 17.

Marcy Levatino, Anjelica Fuccillo, and Brooke Filgo all added a goal for Fresno State. ‘Dogs goalkeeper Meganne Weissenfels had five saves in 39 minutes.

As a team, Bryant outshot Fresno State 28-17.

“I think for us moving forward, we need to play a 60-minute game,” Giglio said. “I think that is something we have been struggling with, and we are completely capable of doing it. But we need to do it consistently.”

The loss puts the ‘Dogs at 2-5 in the season and 0-3 in conference play. Their next game is at home against Winthrop Sunday at noon.