BLACK-ISH – ABC’s new family comedy, “black-ish,” takes a fun yet bold look at one man’s determination to establish a sense of cultural identity for his family. The series stars Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross and special guest star Laurence Fishburne. (ABC/Adam Taylor)

What to Watch Wednesday: The top picks for tonight’s primetime television

­(yes, actual live TV)

“blackish” (ABC)

BLACK-ISH - ABC's new family comedy, "black-ish," takes a fun yet bold look at one man's determination to establish a sense of cultural identity for his family. The series stars Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross and special guest star Laurence Fishburne. (ABC/Adam Taylor) MARSAI MARTIN, MARCUS SCRIBNER, YARA SHAHIDI, ANTHONY ANDERSON, MILES BROWN, TRACEE ELLIS ROSS
(ABC )

9 p.m.

Executive producer and star Anthony Anderson’ s hit comedy provides the right amount of laughs and satirical moments with its take on what it’s like for a successful black man and his family life in white suburbia.

Tonight’s episode is centered on Valentine’s Day.­ Dre (Anderson) attempts to make up to Rainbow (Tracee Ellis Ross) for past failed Valentine’s Days that ended with them fighting.

Meanwhile, Diane (Marsai Martin) tries to learn how to accept a compliment and let go of her constant criticism with the help of her siblings.

“The 100”­(The CW)

9 p.m.

Although it doesn’t have the same critical acclaim and fan base as the network’s show, “Jane the Virgin,” “The 100” still packs a good mixture of drama and action for an hour. The show was recently renewed for a third season and is good fix for those who are “The Hunger Games” fans.

Its premise is set in a post-apocalyptic future where civilization has ceased to exist on Earth and humans have now resorted to living in space stations orbiting the planet. A group of 100 juvenile delinquents are sentenced to stay on Earth to see if it is habitable.

Tonight’s episode showcases the growing tension abrupt between the group’s leader Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and her mother Abby (Paige Turco).

“Man Seeking Woman” (FXX)

10:30 p.m.

Audiences may only recognize Jay Baruchel from his work in “Knocked Up” and as the lead in the highly successful “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise, but his new comedy provides a combination of his goofy, big-child characteristics with some actual seriousness.

The comedy is on the perfect network (FXX is aimed at 18 to 30-year-old males) with its focus on a 20-something man trying to find love while navigating adulthood. In its fifth episode tonight, Josh (Baruchel) meets a beautiful woman played by Minka Kelly of “Friday Night Lights” fame.

“The Daily Show with­Jon Stewart”­(Comedy Central)

11 p.m.

With Stewart’s recent news of his retirement from the show, it seems fitting to watch a new episode of the satirical late night show.

His guest in tonight’s show is British actor Colin Firth to talk about his new film, “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”