Courtesy of ABC

Watch to Watch Wednesday

The top picks for tonight’s primetime television (yes, actual live TV)

“Earth: A New Wild” (PBS)

Courtesy of ABC
Courtesy of ABC

9 p.m.

PBS’ nature docu-series gives viewers a chance to see “humanity’s relationship with nature and wildlife.” Tonight’s episode focuses on various plains across the world and their inhabitants.

It places the spotlight on large animals and other animals life on the world’s grasslands, such as chimpanzees in Tanzania; giant pandas in China; tigers in Bangladesh; Norway’s reindeer population; and elephants in South Africa.

The show provides colorful visuals of the planet’s other inhabitants outside of humankind and is a great cousin to the hit series “Planet Earth.”

“Fresh Off the Boat” (ABC)

9:30 p.m.

This highly anticipated midseason comedy will have two back-to-back premiere episodes about the firsthand experience of an Asian-American family assimilating into Floridian suburban life during the ‘90s.

The show is based off restaurateur Eddie Huang’s memoir and is the first Asian-American TV comedy since comedian Margaret Cho’s short-lived “All American Girl,” which aired for one season in 1994.

The pilot follows Huang’s Taiwanese family move from Washington, D.C. to Orlando where his father opens a steak restaurant.

The cast includes Randall Park of “The Interview” fame, Constance Wu, child actor Ian Chen and Hudson Yang as the titular character.

“Chicago P.D.” (NBC)

10 p.m.

“Chicago Fire” characters make another appearance in tonight’s episode culminating in the joint efforts of everyone to catch the alleged arsonist behind Shay’s death.

At the same time, Lindsey makes an effort to get back in Voight’s good graces and reaches out to her former mentor about returning to the Intelligence unit.

“Best New Restaurant”­(BRAVO)

10 p.m.

Bravo’s new culinary show boasts two prime culinary experts behind the new cooking competition: Gordon Ramsey and Tom Colicchio. Chef and restaurateur Colicchio stays in front of the camera while Ramsey remains behind the scenes as executive producer. Nevertheless, the show takes a fresh direction into the culinary TV realm with a look into the restaurants operations across the country.

The competition is made up of eateries battling for a $100,000 prize in the series. The contestants are judged based on their cuisine, décor