graduation 2024

Victoria’s Secret brand premiers at Fresno State

Victoria’s Secret Pink Street Team is now at Fresno State and will give goodies to students throughout the semester, says Campus Rep.

After years of requesting a campus clothing line, Pink Fresno State launched last fall. Students will now be able to show their school spirit while wearing their favorite brands.

“It’s the collection of two brands that have a lot of recognition,” said Sara Remus, a Pink Campus Ambassador and a junior mass communications and journalism student. ­“You’ve got Fresno State, and you’ve got Victoria’s Secret. It’s a clear intersection of what people want to buy, so we are bringing that for students.”

Pink Fresno State has many goals for the new semester, one of them being raising brand awareness.

“Our freebies and giveaways are to engage students and let them know what is in store,” said Shanelle Phillips, a campus ambassador and MCJ student. ­“The street team will give out ultimate yoga pants and girls will ask where it’s sold.”

The street team holds campus events and Instagram competitions twice weekly where students can win yoga pants, water bottles, Pink hair ties, mini stuffed dogs, coupons and panties.

The street team will be holding its first scavenger hunt of the semester this week for the launch of the new Date Night panty and bra.

“People should stay tuned for Friday because it’s our biggest giveaway yet,” Remus said.

The street team plans to give $300 worth of goodies to the team that can complete the hunt first.

But Pink Fresno State is much more than just accessories and a campus clothing line, Phillips said.

“We try to engage with everybody,” Phillips said. “We have sorority girls, sporty girls and grad students that normally wouldn’t hang out together but it brought us together.”

Alexandra Castile, a counseling graduate student, ­also has a similar view on her involvement with Pink Fresno State.

“I wanted to meet other girls who had similar interests and were excited about something like this,” Castile said. “I wanted to be a part of something big.”

“The new Ultimate line from Pink is clothing for an ultimate woman with ultimate lifestyles,” Remus said. ­“Girls that are really athletic or really want something comfortable and practical for working out in-that’s the focus of this new line.”

“It’s for anybody,” Castile said. “You don’t have to be the size of a Victoria’s Secret model. The models, that’s their job, but our job is to be students.”

$100
$500

$100
$500

DremJan 28, 2015 at 7:43 am

Awesome of them! I always check out this website for my yoga needs – yoemga.com. I especially like the yoga hoodies with a tree of life symbol on them. Their awesome because they can be used for anything. From lounging around on the couch, to a full practice hot yoga class. Add to your collection now!