Fresno State police investigating sexual assault on campus

The Fresno State Police Department is currently investigating an on-campus sexual assault that occurred Nov. 5.

The incident occurred around midnight when three men sexually assaulted the victim as she walked southwest of the Residence Dining Hall.

Police are currently looking for the suspects, who were last seen driving west on Scott Avenue in a dark-colored Mustang. They were described as three black males, aged 17 to 22 years old, approximately 5-feet-11-inches tall and of slim build.

The assault was reported to university police on Monday afternoon. A campuswide crime alert was then emailed to students and faculty notifying them of the report and safety tips.

While on campus, police advise people not to walk alone, stay on well-lit paths and use the police escort resource.

“If you have a late class or it’s after dark, you can call the university police department for an escort to your vehicle or another building or office,” said Lt. Jennifer Curwick.

A woman’s self-defense class called R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense System) is also available for students, faculty and the public twice a semester, she said.

In case of emergency, Curwick said people should contact police by using the emergency blue light phones that are situated around campus or by calling 911.

If anyone has information about this incident, he or she is asked to call police at (559) 278-8400.

$100
$500

$100
$500

Dan WaterhouseNov 15, 2014 at 6:41 am

University Police announced last night that this incident did not occur on or anywhere near the Fresno State campus.

Dan WaterhouseNov 14, 2014 at 7:15 am

Channel 26 reports that last Tuesday, a fifth year computer science major was arrested for sexually assaulting one of the sheep at the campus farm. According to the news report, an officer observed him on top of the animal having intercourse.