Logan Downing / The Collegian Hobb’s Grove in Sanger, California is celebrating its 15th year as a local Halloween attraction. The venue also has pumpkins available for sale at the Pumpkin Grove area.

Local Halloween festivities to die for

Logan Downing / The Collegian
Hobb’s Grove in Sanger, California is celebrating its 15th year as a local Halloween attraction. The venue also has pumpkins available for sale at the Pumpkin Grove area.

With many options to spend your Halloween with friends or family, here are some ways you can do so around town:

‘A Very Offal Supper’

Start your night off with a grisly-themed dinner hosted by Peeve’s Public House from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The dining experience will include creatively named menu items with equally interesting ingredients. The “offal supper” will include several tapas-style dishes such as cow’s feet soup, pickled tongue salad and tomato gizzards. During the dinner free, live music and classic horror films will be screened. For more information, visit Peeve’s Public House Facebook page.

Fresno State New Music Ensemble Concert

Fresno State New Music Ensemble will present its first full concert with special guest Brave New Works. The concert will include music from musicians such as David Biedenbender, Joseph Bohigian, Louis Andriessen, Joshua Marquez, Joe Hishaishi, Daniel Adams and more. Fresno State New Music Ensemble members are Cassandra Barnes (flute) Aaron Marcus Luna (clarinet) Josh Locher (saxophone) Lianna Stuart (violin) Aimee Dockum (cello) Rebecca Messer (piano) and Joseph Bohigian (percussion). The fall concert will be at 8 p.m. on campus at the concert hall. Admission is free.

Rocky Horror Show

Catch the classic, horror comedy musical live at the Severance Theatre at the California Arts Academy. The live stage version features a four-piece band with a cast of 23 actors, singers and dancers. The show will include classics such as “Time Warp.” Ticket prices are $28 for general public and $15 for students. For more information, visit artfresno.brownpapertickets.com.

Costume Ball

The School House Restaurant & Tavern in Sanger will put on a “Sleepy Hollow Costume Ball” complete with a raffle, costume contest, Halloween-themed dinner and live music from the Lady & The Tramps. Tickets cost $30 and includes one raffle and drink ticket. Attendees must be 21 and over. The costume ball will be from 8 p.m. to midnight. For more information, visit www.schoolhousesanger.com.

Shed the Zombie Fest

Looking for something particularly family oriented? Kids Moving Incorporated will host a Halloween party and Shed the Zombie Festival at Dry Creek Park. The event will have an obstacle course, carnival games, craft booths, a monster slide, food and more. The festival will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, visit www.shedthezombie.com.

Trick-or-treat at local malls

For those interested in getting trick-or-treating done earlier in the evening, from 4 to 6 p.m. Fashion Fair Mall stores will hand out candy to young trick-or-treaters. For more information, visit www.fashionfairmall.com. There will also be trick-or-treating available at Sierra Vista Mall for children aged 10 and under as they go throughout the mall. For more information, visit www.sierravistamall.com.

Halloween at ApCal

The Madera winery and venue will host a ApCal Halloween Party from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. The party will feature music from local artists such as the Marie Wilson Band, Margo Montoya and Force ‘Em. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the gate. Doors open at 6 p.m. Eat Street Bistro will cater the event. For more information, visit ApCalwine.com.

A Scary Slice of Comedy

Californian comedian Daniel Eachus will perform from 9 to 11 p.m. at Mother Mary’s Italian Kitchen and Pizzeria. The comedian has won a series of contests on the Comedy Central show, “Up Next.” Eachus also performs with the improvisational group, Bacon that he co-founded. Special guest Los 3 AmiBros will also perform. Tickets are $15. For more information, visit www.livemusicity.com.