USU Productions hosts spinal cord awareness event

Fresno State’s University Student Union Productions is hosting “Just Roll With It: An Inspirational Evening with the Walk & Roll Foundation” 7 p.m. Thursday in the Satellite Student Union.

The Walk & Roll Foundation, an organization focused on raising awareness for spinal cord injury awareness, is making its university campus debut Thursday,

“Just Roll With It,” which will feature three guest speakers — Arthur Renow, Chelsie Hill of the “Push Girls” reality TV show and Ali Stroker, who’s appeared in “Glee” and “The Glee Project” — and a dance routine from the Walk & Roll Foundation’s dance team.

Marine Vardanyan, “The Point” coordinator for USU Productions, said hosting the Walk & Roll Foundation was a project centered on exposing students and the campus community to a topic they “haven’t been exposed” to.

“It’s very unique,” Vardanyan said. “Our students haven’t been exposed to something like this.

“Every day we have our own challenges, and we think it’s the end of the world, but these people have reached so many lengths.”

The guest speakers’ talks are expected to focus on how they suffered their spinal cord injuries. Renow was a victim of gun violence, and Hill suffered her injury in an accident as a passenger of a vehicle driven by a drunk driver.

Kaela Lebow, a 19-year-old college sophomore who is expected to transfer to Fresno State in the fall, is also speaking at the event.

USU Productions is partnering with the university’s Services for Students with Disabilities, Career Services and the Drug & Alcohol Awareness & Wellness Guide Program for “Just Roll With It,” with representatives tabling before and after the event.

Doors open at 6 p.m.