Superhero Spoiler Alert

Here’s an in-depth preview at 2014’s upcoming superhero films

­Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Sony Pictures Jamie Foxx, as Max Dillon (left) and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, in Columbia Pictures’ “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Sony Pictures debuted 30 minutes of 3-D footage of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” at the movie-theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas on March 26, 2014.
Sony Pictures
Jamie Foxx, as Max Dillon (left) and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, in Columbia Pictures’ “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Sony Pictures debuted 30 minutes of 3-D footage of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” at the movie-theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas on March 26, 2014.

Ever since the year 2000, superheroes have dominated the big screen. Director Bryan Singer led the way with X-Men, which was soon followed by Director Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man” in 2002.

More than a decade later, Marvel is still holding strong and is set to kick off the blockbuster season with “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” in theaters April 2.

According to early reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, with a 93 percent approval rating, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” could be one of Marvel’s best films yet.

The film has been described as a high-octane, action-packed espionage thriller attempting to stray from special effects to focus on old-school hand-to-hand combat.

“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” introduces us to The Falcon, a member of the Avengers, and a new world order mirroring our own, where privacy and freedom are a thing of the past.

This time around, Captain America has been pitted against his beloved country for being a traitor. The identity of the Winter Soldier is revealed, and he is a formidable foe. We also see that Black Widow and Nick Fury are along for the ride.

The first ten minutes have been released online.

Captain America 3 is scheduled for release on May 6 in 2016. D.C. Comics is not too happy with this news because the Batman/Superman movie is set for the exact same date.

Who will reign supreme, Marvel or D.C.? We’ll just have to wait and see.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The final trailer for “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” has been released, and director Marc Webb said this film will serve as a set-up for a spinoff of the Sinister Six and Venom.

Aunt May, played by Sally Field, and Gwen Stacy, played by Emma Stone, are said to take on a bigger role. Webb said a new woman will be introduced in this film, but he has not yet said who. My guess is Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat.

Recently, Sony Pictures presented the first 30 minutes of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, revealing several spoilers:

Ӣ Peter Parker will finally learn how his parents died and why.

Ӣ Spider-Man saved Max Dillon aka Electro before he became a supercharged villain.

Ӣ Electro is locked away and Harry Osborn, aka Green Goblin, springs him from jail.

On May 2, Spider-Man will swing his way to a theater near you.

X-Men Days of Future Past

On Monday, Marvel released its final trailer for “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”

In this trailer, we finally get to see the dystopian future and the sentinels in action as hoards of sentinels fly through the sky.

We get a glimpse of actor Evan Peters as Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver, who is actually Magneto’s son. Quicksilver’s has upset many fans over his ridiculous appearance and outfit.

Most notable is the fact that there is no sign of Rogue; earlier reports said the character would be cut from the film

Director Bryan Singer said that the latest X-Men installment will fix continuity issues, which has plagued the franchise over the years.

Singer is set to direct the next film titled, “X-Men Apocalypse,” scheduled for release in 2016.

“X-Men: Days of Future Past” will time travel to a theater on May 23.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Who are the “Guardians of the Galaxy”?

As far as comic books go, this is one franchise very few people know about.

However, big names like Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper and Zoë Saldana will star as lead characters Groot (a tree-like humanoid and the last of his race), Rocket Raccoon (a gun-toting raccoon) and Gamora.

Adventurer Peter Quill aka Star-Lord is on the run from Ronan. Star-Lord is forced to work alongside Groot, Rocket, Gamora and Drax in an attempt to save the universe from Ronan who is looking to take over the cosmos with the powerful orb Quill took from him.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have a relationship with the Avengers. The Guardians could possibly appear in the “Avengers 2: Rise of Ultron” because “Iron Man” has crossed over into their comic book.

If the trailer is any indication, then it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy could be another hit for Marvel, with its off-beat humor and sci-fi based elements.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” will be released on August 1.