Fresno State junior attacker Marcy Levatino carries the ball past Denver defenders during the Bulldogs’ home opener Feb. 23. Levatino won the Rosa Parks Athletic “Just Do It” Award last Friday. Photo by Matt Vieira/The Collegian

Lacrosse: Levatino wins Rosa Parks Award

Fresno State junior attacker Marcy Levatino carries the ball past Denver defenders during the Bulldogs’ home opener Feb. 23. Levatino won the Rose Parks Athletic “Just Do It” Award last Friday. Photo by Matt Vieira/The Collegian

Fresno State junior attacker Marcy Levatino of the lacrosse team was awarded the Rosa Parks Athletic “Just Do It” Award at the Satellite Student Union last Friday.

The award honors student-athletes who show extraordinary leadership qualities, are active in the community and show passion for team improvement.

Levatino leads the Bulldogs with seven points scored this season after finishing second last year with 24. She also broke three single-game school records in 2013: most points and goals (seven each) and draw controls (eight).

An active member in the community, Levatino achieved more than 700 hours of community service and is secretary of the Fresno State Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.

She is also a member of the Little Heroes Program, a project that develops relationships between student-athletes and patients of Children’s Hospital Central California.

“Marcy is an exceptional young woman who every day exemplifies the criteria set in place to be deserving of this award,” said Fresno State coach Jessica Pausewang.

‘Dogs to host Stanford and Colorado

The No. 19 Stanford Cardinal (2-1) will come to Fresno tonight at 5 p.m. as part of a two-game conference matchup.

The Cardinal advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament last season and return 11 starters in 2014. It averages 13.33 goals per game, led by sophomore Meg Lentz and senior Rachel Ozer (seven each).

On Saturday at noon, Fresno State will host Colorado. The Buffaloes are playing their inaugural lacrosse season and are 2-2 (0-1 in the conference).