Weekend Wonders

By Matthew Jimenez

Where to go, what to see and what to do

Strummer’s Lineup

AC Slater is known as the king of heavy bass house music in the U.S.

AC Slater started in 1999. His DJ career took off in 2008 when he released his seminal remix of “Turn the Music Up.”

Slater has toured the globe several times, and his tunes have been played at most major festivals and clubs in the world by DJs including Skrillex, Diplo, 12th Planet, Jack Beats, and many more.

Slater’s tunes and guest mixes can regularly be heard on major radio stations across the world.

Today, DJ AC Slater and Petey Clicks will be performing at Strummer’s, located at 833 E. Fern Ave. in Fresno.

The event is open to 18 and over; you must be 21 to drink.

For more information, visit Eclecticgroup’s Facebook and Instagram page.

On Saturday, New Politics, presented by 104.1, will hold a performance featuring special guest Magic Man.

New Politics is an alternative rock, pop-rock and dance-rock band, which is best-known for the singles “Yeah Yeah Yeah” and “Harlem.”

The concert will start at 8 p.m. and will be open to all ages.

On Sunday, late reggae singer Bob Marley’s band, The Wailers, will celebrate the 30-year anniversary of the iconic album “Legend” by performing it in its entirety.

This performance will start at 8 p.m. and is open to all ages.

Tickets for all three events can be purchased at www.ticketweb.com. For more information, go to Numbskullshows.com.

Those not into the Strummer’s lineup can listen to country music by Clint Black at Tower Theatre tonight at 8 p.m.

Black is a singer/songwriter who has long been heralded as one of country music’s brightest stars. Black has sold over 20 million albums worldwide.

Some of his most notable songs include: “Killin Time” “Nothing But The Taillights” “A Better Man” “Put Yourself In My Shoes” and “Like The Rain.”

For more information, go to www.towertheatrefresno.com.

Vineyard Farmers Market

On Saturday, 10 a.m. to noon, Chefs at the Market: 7th annual Gumbo Throwdown will be held at The Vineyard Farmers Market.

Those who are hungry and couldn’t care less about music can get their fill at the market, which has invited some of its chefs to “throw down” in a head-to-head competition of culinary skill.

This year’s competitors are Chris Shackleford of Trelio, Mia Cuppa’s Paul Palomino, Martin Franco from Taste Kitchen, Cuvée’s Andre Elizondo, and Sean Dunn from Peeve’s Public House.

The Viper City Brass Band will be on site to entertain. Beads and masks will also be sold in preparation for Mardi Gras.

Vineyard Farmer’s Market is located at 100 W. Shaw Ave. Tickets are on sale for $10. Call 559-222-0182 for more info.