Hollywood Revisits The Past

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone film an action scene on location for the film “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” on June 4, 2013 in New York City.
Photo Courtesy of Aby Baker/Getty Images ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone film an action scene on location for the film “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” on June 4, 2013 in New York City.

Movie Remakes and TV Reboots are in the works for 2014 entertainment

At one time, Hollywood had an imagination.
Hollywood once produced original television shows and films that have stood the test of time, but somewhere along the line, Tinsel Town lost its way.
Now all we get are remakes, sequels and reboots of recycled ideas.
This year is no different.
Hollywood has decided to bring back several surprising choices.

Movie Sequels &­Remakes:

“Robocop”

In its day, “Robocop” was a spectacle of brilliance. The special effects were like no other and the story was nearly flawless, as police officer Murphy (Robocop) dealt with becoming part machine, coping with memory loss and stopping a rogue robotics company, all while seeking revenge on the man who tried to kill him.

In this new adaptation, Robocop stars Joel Kinnaman and features a new colored suit and a sleeker, more slender appearance.
Robocop hits movie theaters on Feb.12.

“The Amazing­Spider-Man 2”

Andrew Garfield will suit up again to reprise his role as Spider-Man to battle Jamie Foxx as electrified villain Electro.
Based on the trailers, Spider-Man will also come head-to-head with the Green Goblin, Rhino and quite possibly the Sinister Six.

Here’s to crossing our fingers that the villain overload doesn’t damage Andrew Garfield’s or director Marc Webb’s reputations, as it did Tobey McGuire and director Sam Raimi in Spider-Man 3. What were they thinking?

Will Spider-Man survive the greatest battle of his life?

Check it out May 2, when “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” hits theaters.

“300: Rise of an Empire”

In 2006, Zack Synder introduced us to the world of “300,” a man’s movie for the ages. Will “300: Rise of an Empire,” deliver the same stunning visuals and over the top action, or will this be another bomb like “Watchmen” and “Man of Steel”?
Find out on March 7.

“X-Men: Days of­Future Past”

This is one of the most highly anticipated films of 2014, and with Bryan Singer back at the helm, expectations for “X-Men: Days of Future Past” are at an all-time high.

With such an eclectic ensemble of characters from the first three “X-Men” films and “X-Men: First Class,” one can’t help but worry about the film and wonder if Singer had trouble keeping up with the characters and time travelling aspects of the film.

“X-Men” comes back on the big screen May 23.

“Godzilla”

In the latest installment, Godzilla seems to have taken a dark turn as special agents jump on to the streets of New York in an attempt to stop the beast. The trailer gave very few clues into the film’s plot, but we can sure expect to see lots of destruction and action packed scenes.

Godzilla will rampage its way through a city near you in May.

TV Reboots:

“Girl Meets World”

If the name sounds familiar, you must have grown up sometime in the 1990s.

“Boy Meets World” first appeared on television in 1993 on ABC and Disney Channel.

The show followed the life of Corey Matthews and his best friend, Shawn Hunter. When “Boy Meets World” aired its final episode in 2000, Corey Matthews and his TV wife Topanga, Corey’s childhood sweetheart, moved to New York City where the spin-off series “Girl Meets World” is set to take place.

The new series will follow Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard), the teenage daughter of Cory and Topanga Matthews; Riley, a middle school student, navigates the challenges of life with her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter).
Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, who played Cory and Topanga in the original series, will be reprising their roles.

Rumor has it that George Daniels, the original Mr. Feeney, will also be reprising his role.

“Girl Meets World” is set to hit the small screen sometime this summer on Disney Channel.

“Rosemary’s Baby”

The psychological thriller “Rosemary’s Baby,” based on Ira Levin’s 1867 best-selling novel, has been green lit as a mini-series by NBC and will star actress Zoe Saldana, as Rosemary.

The four-part miniseries will be based in Paris instead of New York, where Rosemary is impregnated by the devil and then haunted by her creepy neighbors who are obsessed with her unborn child.

“Rosemary’s Baby”—written in part by “American Horror Story” writer James Wong—will be due later this year. “Suits” star Patrick J. Adams will play Saldana’s onscreen husband as Guy Woodhouse.

“24: Live Another Day”

When “24” first appeared on FOX, it was unlike anything ever seen on any of the major television networks. The show followed Jack Bauer, a Counter Terrorist Unit agent, on 24-hour missions. Each episode was framed in a chronological timeline.

The show was dramatic, suspenseful, and all-around surprising.

It was a major hit for FOX, until its audience began to dwindle. In 2010, “24” ended its run.

FOX has decided to reboot the show and hopes to regain its audience by making the season 12 episodes long instead of 24.

Kiefer Sutherland will be reprising his role as Jack Bauer in May.