Photo by Heather Davis The Fresno Chaffee Zoo is decorated for Zoo Lights, an event during which visitors can walk through the zoo, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies and take photos with Santa.

Weekend Wonders: from Christmas to the zoo

Christmas Tree Lane

Founded in 1920, Fresno’s Christmas Tree Lane is up and running after opening Dec. 3. Until Dec. 25, visitors can walk or drive Van Ness between Shields and Shaw avenues. The next walking night is Dec. 11, when vehicles are prohibited. On that night, Tree Fresno will provide bus rides from Fig Garden Village to Christmas Tree Lane. Tree Fresno can be reached at 559-221-5556. Christmas Tree Lane is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. For more information, visit the lane’s Facebook page at Christmas Tree Lane Fresno.

Fresno State Chamber Choir presents “Seasons Greetings”

The Fresno State Chamber Singers, conducted by Dr. Tony Mowrer, Concert Choir, conducted by Dr. Anna Hamre; and Bach Children’s Choir, conducted by Cynthia Salmonson will come together Sunday afternoon to present “Seasons Greetings,” a holiday concert with a number of holiday songs, and Hamre promised, opportunities to sing along. The concert will take place in Fresno State’s Music Building from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, contact Fresno State’s music department at 559-278-2654.

Photo by Heather Davis
The Fresno Chaffee Zoo is decorated for Zoo Lights, an event during which visitors can walk through the zoo, enjoy hot chocolate and cookies and take photos with Santa.

Zoo Lights

Friday through Sunday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., visitors can take a walk on the wild side during the Fresno Chaffee Zoo’s “Zoo Lights” event. Miles of lights are strung around the zoo, and guests can take a picture with Santa, help themselves to hot chocolate and cookies and watch live entertainment. The zoo is located at 894 W. Belmont Ave. in Fresno. Admission is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children ages 2 to 11 and seniors and free for members. Parking is $5. Those interested can call 559-498-5910 or visit https://www.fresnochaffeezoo.org/index.php.

Photos with Santa returns to Smittcamp Alumni House

Better watch out if you haven’t been nice, because Santa Claus is coming to the Smittcamp Alumni House for the Fresno State Alumni Association’s event, “Photos with Santa” from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Bring your cellphones for “selfies” with Santa, along with cookie decorating and children’s crafts with the Fresno State Spirit Squad. TimeOut will make an appearance from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. To find out more, email Alumni Association intern­ Kelsey Taylor at [email protected].