Photo courtesy of Motor Trend Auto Shows A 2014 Volkswagen Beetle on display at one of the show’s stops. The Central California Auto Show will come to the Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center Friday through Sunday, bringing with it luxury vehicles and opportunities to test drive some of the market’s newest cars.

Car lovers unite

Photo courtesy of Motor Trend Auto Shows A 2014 Volkswagen Bug on display at one of the show’s stops. The Central California Auto Show will come to the Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center Friday through Sunday, bringing with it luxury vehicles and opportunities to test drive some of the market’s newest cars.
Photo courtesy of Motor Trend Auto Shows
A 2014 Volkswagen Beetle on display at one of the show’s stops. The Central California Auto Show will come to the Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center Friday through Sunday, bringing with it luxury vehicles and opportunities to test drive some of the market’s newest cars.

This weekend car lovers will get the chance to take this year’s newest car models out for a spin at the Central California Auto Show Friday through Sunday at the Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center.

Lauren Holzman, the show’s public relations and media coordinator, said she is enthusiastic about the event.

She said the auto show travels to 21 other cities across the country, including Honolulu, Nashville and Baltimore.

However, Holzman said Fresno is one of the show’s favorite places to visit.

“We want to get the public excited about the industry,” Holzman said. “We want to help people make buying decisions in a nonpressure environment where they can compare among different models in one place, instead of going from one dealership to another.”

Holzman said that many makes and models, from sports cars to full-size trucks, will be available and ready to test drive at the show.

She said three new luxury makes will be present, including a Porsche and Audi.

Along with the chance to see what is new for the 2014 season, Holzman said people will get an inside and outside feel of what is new on the market.

She said drivers will navigate a predetermined route that highlights acceleration, braking, cornering and more elements to provide the most realistic driving experience.

Admission to the Central California Auto Show is free for all attendees this year, compliments of the Fresno-Clovis New Car Dealers Association, which Holzman said is a donor to Children’s Hospital, Central California.

On Wednesday, the auto show offered early admittance to people who had purchased a preview ticket. Holzman said proceeds went toward Valley Children’s Hospital, a local hospital in Madera dedicated to pediatric health care and state-of-the-art surgery.

“We are always giving back to charity and the community,” Holzman said.

Families are also invited to attend the show, and Holzman said there will be activities available for children who attend with their parents.

The Discovery Center, a nonprofit children’s museum and science center serving the children of Fresno and the San Joaquin Valley, will host a special kids zone on Saturday and Sunday at the auto show.­ Located in the lobby, those interested will have a chance to experience things kids love, from art to science.

On Sunday between noon and 4 p.m., Holzman said a balloon artist will be present to entertain the kids.

Attendees will receive a free one-year subscription to Motor Trend magazine with each admission, Holzman said, and hours are Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Additional information is available at www.FresnoClovisAutoShow.com and on the show’s Facebook page by searching “Central California Auto Show.”