EDC+Las+Vegas%2C+or+Electric+Daisy+Carnival%2C+is+one+of+the+largest+international+raves+in+the+world.+A+highly+popular+event+for+college+students%2C+famous+artists+such+as+Ti%C3%83%C2%ABsto+perform+their+music+at+the+three-day+festival.+Photo+by+Rosemarie+Borunda+
EDC Las Vegas, or Electric Daisy Carnival, is one of the largest international raves in the world. A highly popular event for college students, famous artists such as Tiësto perform their music at the three-day festival. Photo by Rosemarie Borunda

Summer of 2013: A History

Thousands of  people from the Central Valley and other places came to graduation in the Save Mart Center to watch Fresno State students walk across the stage to complete their  college career.   college career. Photo by Rosemarie Borunda
May 17 and 18, 2013: Thousands of­people from the Central Valley and other places came to graduation in the Save Mart Center to watch Fresno State­students walk across the stage to complete their­college career.
Photo by Roe Borunda

June 21 to June 23, 2013: EDC Las Vegas, or Electric Daisy Carnival, is one of the largest international raves in the world. A highly popular event for college students, famous artists such as Tiësto perform their music at the three-day festival. Photo by Roe Borunda
The Catacomb Party at downtown Fresno in Fulton Mall is an annual gathering where people can share art, music  and culture while  dancing and enjoying time with friends. Photo courtesy of The Collegian
July 20, 2013: The Catacomb Party at downtown Fresno in Fulton Mall is an annual gathering where people can share art, music and culture while
dancing and enjoying time with friends. Photo by Yocelin Gallardo
Famous country star Kenny Chesney rocked the stage with his "No Shoes Nation Tour" at the Save Mart Center in front of fans, many of them Fresno State students. Eli Young Band and Kasey Musgraves also  performed at the show. Photo courtesy of The Collegian
July 24, 2013: Famous country star Kenny Chesney rocked the stage with his “No Shoes Nation Tour” at the Save Mart Center in front of fans, many of them Fresno State students. Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves also­performed at­the show. Photo by Crystal Deniz

Fun was in the air this summer with local, statewide and even national events taking place that Fresno State students attended. Locally, there was a multitude of events in the Fresno community, from thousands of people at graduation in the Save Mart Center on May 17 and 18 to the Catacomb Party in Fulton Mall on July 20.

ArtHop in downtown Fresno and Tower District was a popular affair during summer with many Fresno State art lovers attending. It occurs every first and third Thursday of each month and is organized by the Fresno Arts Council.

And don’t forget the 93.7 KISS Country Five Dollar Summer Concerts in Woodward Park that continuously sold out. Four concerts with various country singers occurred this summer, with one more sold-out concert on Sept. 26.

If you missed out on any of these events, there are still plenty of concerts and events heading our way. The Big Fresno Fair hits town soon on Oct. 2 to Oct. 13.