Freshman Marvelle Harris defends Wyoming’s Derrious Gilmore during Fresno State’s 49-36 win at the Save Mart Center on Jan. 16. Harris has started the last five games. Roe Borunda / The Collegian

Men’s Basketball: ’Dogs resume conference play at Air Force

The Matchup: Fresno State (7-12, 1-5 MWC) at Air Force (12-6, 3-2 MWC)

Ӣ Wednesday, Jan. 30 in Colorado Springs, Colo. Tip off is at 6 p.m. PT.

The lowdown

The Fresno State men’s basketball team heads into tonight’s game at 1-5 in Mountain West Conference play.

Air Force, which holds the highest free throw percentage (.835) and highest field goal percentage (.425) in the league, is 3-2 in league play.

With that record, the Falcons are in the middle of the pack in the standings and tied with Colorado State and UNLV.

The Bulldogs are 3-6 on the road this years. At 8-1, the Falcons have been dominant at home — Clune Arena.

Notable

1. Too many free throws
The Bulldogs have lost their last three games to Mountain West opponents Nevada, Boise State and Colorado State.

The three teams made a combined 85.7 percent of their free throws. That includes a 26-of-26 night from the foul line by the Broncos. Air Force has the highest free throw percentage in the Mountain West.

2. On the road again

The Bulldogs have lost their last four games on the road. Fresno State has not won on the road since Dec. 3, a 64-59 win against Long Beach State.

Fresno State’s last six of 10 games will be on the road.

3. History on ‘Dogs’ side

The Bulldogs lead the all-time series against Air Force 9-4. That advantage extends games played on Air Force’s home court in Colorado Springs, Colo. The last time these two teams played was in 2001 at the Selland Arena. Fresno State won the game 68-52.

Did you see…

…Fresno State’s second-half resurgence during Saturday’s game against Colorado State before falling 74-63.

The Bulldogs went into halftime down by 18, but went on a 19-6 run to start the second half.

They didn’t grab the lead, though closed the gap between the Rams 50-45 in the middle of the second half. Tyler Johnson led Fresno State in scoring with 23 points. Marvelle Harris and Allen Huddleston each added 15 points.

Huddleston had previously scored­ 20 point off the bench on the road against Boise State, a 74-67 loss for the Bulldogs.