Upcoming events and functions

As the final day of instruction approaches and with finals looming, students looking for entertainment or holiday-themed events need look no further. Fresno State has a number of activities ready to relieve that studying stress.

Tuesday:

l8 p.m. marks one of many presentations of “The Elephant Man,” a play based around the true story of Joseph Merrick, a severely deformed man from 19th-century London.

It is directed by J. Daniel Herring and presented by Fresno State’s Theatre Arts Department inside the John Wright Theatre (Speech Arts 109).

Tickets are $17 for general public, $15 for seniors and $10 for students. The performance will run every day at 8 p.m. until its conclusion on Saturday, Dec. 15.

Wednesday:

l Fresno State men’s basketball takes on the Colorado Buffaloes starting at 7 p.m. at the Save Mart Center. Tickets can be found at www.gobulldogs.com.

lLAST DAY OF INSTRUCTION

Thursday:

lPopular rock bands Daughtry and 3 Doors Down roar inside the Save Mart Center from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets can be found on the Save Mart Center website at www.savemartcenter.com and range from $29.50 to $49.50.

Saturday:

lFrom 6 to 10 p.m. inside the Satellite Student Union, a pageant will be held to find this year’s “Mr. Hmong.” The event is free and open to the public.

lFresno State men’s basketball takes on the UC Irvine Anteaters at the Save Mart Center. Tickets can be found at www.gobulldogs.com.

Sunday:

lThe first of three “Finals Cram Jam” days takes place. During the morning at the Free Speech Area or inside the University Student Union lounge at night, student affairs workers will hand out free snacks, drinks, pencils, scantrons, tutoring and study tips, even games to help break up the stress of finals week.