The end is nigh

Liana Whitehead
Liana Whitehead

This is it, Bulldogs. We have reached the end of another eventful semester here at Fresno State.

From the success of our football team and its Mountain West victory to President John Welty’s retirement announcement, this semester was nothing short of unpredictable.

Together and as individuals we experienced the high points and low dips of life over these past months.

We faced disheartening losses when the lives of two of our own, Philip Dhanens and Phillip Johnson, were abruptly taken.

With those losses, I believe, came growth and greater understanding of the value of life.

The fall 2012 semester was personally the most productive semester I have had yet. and I have been here since 2010.

I truly enjoy living in Fresno and will forever feel that fleeing Visalia was the best choice for myself.

I went from a 2.0 grade point average to mostly As (as far as I know) this semester.

If I have learned anything it is to take advantage of the resources and opportunities available ”” and to have fun with it.

I overcame my fear of presenting in front of a class. I conquered three books this semester ”” a milestone for this wannabe bookworm.

As someone who never thought she would amount to much educationally,­ I now have this to say: I am finally proud of myself and my accomplishments as a student.

Freshman, I hope your first semester was more exciting than stressful. If not, it will get easier.

Graduating seniors, congratulations on all of your accomplishments and good luck in your future endeavors.

As for the rest of us, it is my wish that we will return cheerful and healthy come January, ready for whatever craziness we may encounter.