With two games remaining, head coach Tim DeRuyter and the ’Dogs will seek to win out as they travel to Reno, Nevada to play the Wolf Pack in conference action. Averaging 38.3 points a game on offense, Fresno State will look to continue its three-game win streak Saturday against Nevada and beat the Wolf Pack to move closer to winning the Mountain West Conference.

Bulldog Game Day Fresno State Bulldogs vs Nevada Wolf Pack

Breakdown: Bulldogs

With two games remaining, Fresno State has a chance to control its own destiny by winning out.

The ’Dogs can do this by continuing their momentum on the road and keeping their three-game winning streak alive.

Away games have, at times this season, posed problems for the Bulldogs with losses at Oregon, Tulsa and Boise State. Holding a record of 2-3 on the road, Fresno State can reach .500 for the first time this season with a victory at Nevada.

To do this, the ’Dogs must brave the elements and roll into Mackay Stadium with resolve and determination.

The key players for the Bulldogs will, of course, lead the way again. Quarterback Derek Carr, who has been brilliant all season long passing for 3,070 yards on 266 completions and 30 touchdowns, will continue to lead the ’Dogs attacking scheme.

Senior running back Robbie Rouse must also contribute to Fresno State’s offensive effort by constantly pressuring Nevada’s defensive line. Already at 1,101 yards on the season, Rouse is an explosive tailback both in rushing and passing as he has a combined 12 touchdowns.

Although the ’Dogs boast a dynamic and versatile offense, their defense is as dangerous if not more so. Already at 26 takeaways on the season, the Bulldogs have several players both in the secondary and on the defensive line who play with physicality and tenacity.

For Fresno State to continue its recent success especially on the road, it will look to not only its offense to put up points, but also to its defense to shut down Nevada’s running game. If the ’Dogs continue to control the line of scrimmage and force the Wolf Pack into third down and long, they should come away with their fourth victory in a row.

Breakdown: Wolf Pack

After starting off the season strong as the Wolf Pack went 6-1 in their first seven games, Nevada will look to regain its early-season momentum.

Coming off a bye, the Wolf Pack comes into Saturday’s game licking its wounds after close losses to conference rivals Air Force and San Diego State. Nevada now sits fifth in the conference and is dangerously close to being shut out from winning the Mountain West championship.

Although the Wolf Pack are desperate for a win, they should remain confident as they boast one of the most fearsome and balanced attacks in the nation. Ranking eighth in rushing and 45th in passing yards, Nevada is very explosive on offense.

The Wolf Pack rely primarily on running back Stefphon Jefferson who leads the nation in rushing yards. Already at 1,397 yards and 16 touchdowns, Jefferson has two more games to add to his impressive statistics for the season.

Nevada also adds to its explosive offense with quarterback Cody Fajardo. His ability to scramble and keep plays alive helps not only the Wolf Pack’s rushing attack, but also their passing attack as well. Fajardo has 2,635 combined yards on the season.

Defensively, Nevada ranks 95th in the nation as it gives up 31.9 points per game. Led by linebacker Albert Rosette who has 40 tackles, one sack and one fumble recovery, the Wolf Pack will try to defend against Fresno State’s potent attacking schemes.

If Nevada can get Fresno State into third and long, they could grab a few interceptions. In addition to winning the takeaway battle, the Wolf Pack must continue to run the ball in order to win at home.