Women’s Soccer Briefs

The Fresno State soccer team won its first two games of the season against CSU Bakersfield and Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo this weekend.

Against the Roadrunners, Fresno State (2-6-3) goalkeeper Katie DeVault recorded her first shutout of the season. DeVault recorded eight saves in the 3-0 victory. Kayla Kret and Callie Hancock scored Fresno State’s first two goals in the first half.

Tara Boynton scored in the 64th minute of regulation to give the Bulldogs a three-point advantage.

Against the Mustangs, Fresno State played in possibly its hottest game of the season. At the end of the game, the temperature was listed at 99 degrees.

The Mustangs were the first to score in the first half. The Mustangs’ only score of the game came from a penalty kick from Elise Krieghoff.

Fresno State would retaliate 43 seconds before the conclusion of the first half. Megan Mossman connected with Hancock on pass from the right corner of the field for the Bulldogs’ second score and final score of the game.

Fresno State will face Santa Clara on the road at Sept. 27. It will be the Bulldogs’ final non-conference game of the season.

Fresno State enters conference play in the Mountain West on Sept. 30 against Air Force at Bulldog Stadium.