Moses pitches Fresno State to a sweep over Utah State

The Fresno State softball team swept Utah State in a three-game series over the weekend.

The ‘Dogs outscored the Aggies 17-2 in the three games, improving to 27-15 overall and 7-1 in Western Athletic Conference play. The Aggies fell to 11-25 and 2-7 in conference as the Bulldogs improved their winning streak against the Aggies to 18 games.

Senior pitcher Michelle Moses shutout the Aggies in the Bulldogs’ 4-0 win Friday. Moses allowed three hits and struck out five in her second WAC shutout of the season.

Moses repeated her shutout performance the first game of Saturday’s doubleheader as the ‘Dogs won 8-0.

Moses, who pitched every inning of the three-games series, allowed just one hit in the first game of the doubleheader.

Offensively, the Bulldogs came out in the second inning of game one, scoring eight runs on six hits. The inning was highlighted by Brooke Ortiz’s two-run triple down the right-field line.

In game two Moses continued her dominance in the circle, pitching Fresno State to a 5-2 win.

The Bulldog bats also came through in the second game as all five runs were driven in by different players. Brenna Moss led the team from the plate, going 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the fifth inning.

The Bulldogs will conclude their homestand today in a single nonconference game against Cal Poly with the first pitch slotted for 5 p.m.