Fashion Forecast: Men’s trends, Summer 2012

Men’s fashion trends for spring and summer include plaid shirts,
colored khakis and comfortable shoes.
Esteban Cortez / The Collegian

Summer 2012 male fashion trends are a perfect match for the adventurous young man in the San Joaquin Valley.

Fashion is an on-going business. There are always new designs, trends and fads coming every season. Fashion trends come and go and depending on the season, you can always find a way to wear all your clothes through out the changing seasons.

Fashion is about being creative and stepping out of your comfort zone. You want clothes to express your personality as well as complement you. As the seasons come and go you are able to mix and match patterns and colors to suit the current season.

Summer time represents taking vacations, being poolside, going to the beach and just being under the sun with family and friends. The Summer 2012 trends for men exude the inspired, outgoing and carefree emotions of summer time.

The new season will entail an array of clothing like classic tees, colorful shorts and washed out denim. The classics of summer will ease into fall which allows you to mix and match and not be limited to creative styles. For example, you could wear the washed out denim with a classic tee and blazer or also throw on a cardigan with the shorts, allowing the transition between seasons.

Great places to shop for the summer are the Laundry Room, Foreign Exchange and American Eagle. They each sell great clothes for great prices.

The Laundry Room Boutique of California is a trendy store in Fresno, which carries a multitude of summer’s “must haves.”­ They have simple yet impactful tees, vintage jeans and urban shoes and boots. The Laundry Room is known for their vintage looks, which is a hit to many men.

On the other hand, Foreign Exchange focuses on plaid and simple prints on V-neck tees. “We are going for Bruno Mars’ style,” Foreign Exchange manager Zach Lee said. “We are selling a relaxing look for this summer.”

American Eagle also focuses on plain, plaid prints and other fun V-neck tees, but all stores still vary in selection.

“Our new trend is colored khakis,” said American Eagle assistant manager Ryan Richardson. “They are a big hit overseas and we are trying to bring it here.”

Khaki pants can be a part of many looks. You can wear them with Converse, Sperry’s, flip-flops and many more. You can roll them up when you

are at the beach and also have them down during the day.

As the summer days hit the San Joaquin Valley, people tend to take more road trips to the beach and enjoy outdoor activities. When doing all these terrific things during the summer, the valley’s fashion plays a key role. The stores are getting ready for summer to arrive, and they are showing the latest fashions of classic tees, colorful shorts, washed out denim and chinos. These stores are helping men rock the latest fashion trends for whatever adventure they have planned.

$100
$500

$100
$500

SarahMay 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm

the color sound like a back to children clothes. But, very good information about men’s trend for summer 2012. thank you so much

Merel | ModeplazaApr 24, 2012 at 12:44 am

I really enjoyed reading your article. Thanks for sharing!