Rock and Worship Roadshow brings award-winning artists to Fresno for night of worship, music

More than a thousand people are expected to gather in the Save Mart Center this Sunday for the fourth-annual Rock and Worship Roadshow concert to listen to music and hear messages of faith. Headlining the concert is MercyMe, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets and LeCrae.

Not only will music be performed, but special speaker Bart Millard will be ministering as well.

The Rock and Worship Roadshow Tour has been traveling worldwide and is making its way to California. The show will be stopping in Ontario, San Diego and Sacramento before finishing in Fresno.

“It’s all a first-come-first -serve basis. We are expecting a huge turnout. About 1,100 to 1,200 people should be here. It’s a really big show,” said Michelle Cassida, patron services manager of the Save Mart Center.

On the Rock and Worship Roadshow website, spectators can make a donation.­ Donators will receive prime seating, a shirt, tour laminate and a voucher for discounted Roadshow tour merchandise.

“I’m so excited that so many worship artists are finally coming to Fresno. These bands are bringing the presence of God with them,” Maegan Seegers, a Fresno State student, said. “This is not going to be an ordinary church service. There is going to be an amazing outpour. I’m just happy to see something so powerful and strong in Fresno.”

What differentiates this concert from many other worship concerts is that patrons will­ hear a variety of different­ genres spanning from rock and pop to hip-hop and R&B.

Grammy-nominated Hip-Hop artist LeCrae is different from many of his contemporaries. LeCrae blends modern hip-hop with R&B.

LeCrae’s music focuses on putting a positive spin on his lyrics.

“I’m most excited to see LeCrae. Yeah he’s a rap artist, but he is rapping for the kingdom of God.” Seegers said. “It’s positive rap that can touch so many hearts and lives. I have been personally touched, and my life has changed by the bands who are going to be there.”

LeCrae’s lyrics are about God and his life story. His music attempts to open the door for people to experience a new view of worship and God. LeCrae is a worship hip-hop artist that sounds like his contemporaries that is heard on mainstream radio stations.

“I have been looking forward to this concert for quite some time now,” Lisa Spears, a Manteca resident, said. “My family and I will be making it a fun-filled day.”

The Rock and Worship Roadshow concert starts at 6 p.m., and continues until the last performance. No tickets are required, and all seating is general admission. The doors will open an hour and half before the show.

$100
$500

$100
$500

• K

Karleen LocklearMar 16, 2012 at 3:16 am

I attended the Rock & Worship roadshow in Fresno, CA.
    I was planning to take advantage of the discounted CDs and buy some Tshirts too after the concert.

However, I was a youth group chaperone and @ 9:30pm (shortly before the concert was even over) My youth pastor made the decision to leave as we are from Selma, CA and all the kids had school the next morning and there was still at least 30 mins to get the kids home and drop each one of the off @ their homes, as well.

Is there anyway I can purchase some of the shirts/hats and CDs @ the concert pricing?? I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and would truly appreciate any special consideration that you could possibly do to help me out.

I have 3 grandchildren and would like to get some shirts/hats/CDs for each of them for Easter this year……(as I got them each a bible last Xmas w/ their names embossed on them, and they loved them)

Thanks again in advance
    Take care and have a blessed day

Karleen Locklear

JohnMar 9, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Just more than 1,000 people? Not like more than 10,000 people?