One Finger Salute, 12-5-11

Thumbs up

Fresno State basketball

The lady ‘Dogs, their tough game against Stanford notwithstanding, are in the midst of yet another stellar season under the reliable Adrian Wiggins. And the men look much improved after an 82-52 drubbing of Utah. There’s a lot to like on the court for Fresno State.

Thumbs down

Fresno State football­

The ‘Dogs ended a very disappointing with a 35-28 loss at the hands of San Diego State. To make matters worse, the loss came after having a 21-0 lead. Pat Hill is gone, but something will have to change next year on the defensive side of the ball for the ‘Dogs to make any kind of improvements this year. If not, it doesn’t matter who they hire or fire.

Thumbs up

Tebow Time!

Tim Tebow, the much-maligned quarterback of the Denver Broncos, led the team to yet another comeback victory in the fourth quarter, bringing his record this year as a starting quarterback to 6-1. Who knows if Tebow will still be quarterbacking this time next year, but it’s a ball of fun watching him run roughshod over the conventional wisdom of what it takes to win in the NFL.

Thumbs down

Herman Cain

Here’s a summary of Cain’s candidacy: came up with 9-9-9 plan that was much derided by other Republicans; accused of sexually harrassing multiple women; failed to intelligently answer a question regarding the Obama administration’s actions in Libya, one of the most consequential policies of the current administration; accused of cheating on his wife for 13 years. Good riddance!

$100
$500

$100
$500

• I

injury attorney los angelesDec 5, 2011 at 8:50 am

Great One Finger Salute post you have right now…

I feel bad for Herman Cain though. His candidacy was marred with a lot of controversies everywhere. Now that he “suspended” his campaign, resuming it again won’t meet a reasonable response from the voters, and he’ll still be criticized by his co-party members. I think he’ll lose his bid as front-runner of the GOP for the 2012 elections.