Letters to the Editor, 11-16-11

To the editor:
The Fresno State football team seems like is going downhill. Seeing Fresno State lose to New Mexico State was heartbreaking. Fresno State has only a few games left, and Pat Hill needs these wins, not just for the team, but for the fans. Fans have been let down game after game by the way the team is performing, especially after watching Fresno play Boise State.
Many fans of Pat Hill are now questioning his position too. Next season, Fresno State is moving away from the WAC and entering the Mountain West Conference. Entering this new conference, Fresno State should get a new coach to fulfill Pat Hill’s spot. Even after taking a cut to keep his job, that is a sign we need someone new. If Pat Hill doesn’t win the last few games of the season, it is time to move on and start something new.

Arian Moazamipour

To the editor:
I am writing to plead with the students of Fresno State to please keep Facebook use to a bare minimum on the Fresno State networks. I walk into the library every day to use computers and see roughly 30-50 percent of people on Facebook, using up the precious bandwidth. Students, such as myself, cannot even log on to the network, let alone get to the online homework we need to get done, because people are using the bandwidth to yap about nonsense on Facebook. Granted, some use it for school related activities, but most are just goofing off. So, please, keep it to a minimum.

Derek Falk

To the editor:
I don’t feel safe going home after my last class. It’s dark outside by the time I head to my car. There have been quite a number of reports of crimes at our school. They may be petty crimes to some, but when will they be considered more serious?
People have not have just taken away some cell phone or some cash, they have stolen the feeling of security we all should have. I may not have been a victim, but I know that it shatters something inside of you that can never really be put back together. The crimes have mostly occured during the night or early morning, and I know that most of the crimes committed at Fresno State were against victims that weren’t with that many people.
When going home at night, always be with another person. When you are next to an emergency phone, use it.

Brenda Maravilla