Gaddafi killed in Libya

The oppressive Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi has been killed during fighting in his hometown of Sirte on October 20, confirmed by Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril.

Gadaffi’s death came only hours after Libyan fighters took control of Sirte early Thursday. His death marks the first of a major leader in the series of Arab uprising that took place earlier this year.

It was undetermined if Gadaffi, who suffered injuries to the legs and head, was killed in a Nato air strike or in combat on the ground. He was alive when captured, but died in an ambulance being led out of the city.

Sources (may contain graphic footage):
Al Jazeera
CBS News
The Gaurdian

$100
$500

$100
$500

• R

RahulOct 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

Had personally strolled around Tripoli in 1990 during my employment on board a ship that docked at that port. I was highly impressed by that city, neat, clean and spacious even visiting the local museum and having snacks with some locals at the local cafe. Today, in 2011 seeing the bizarre chain of events and the brutal death of one of the World’s oldest ruling dictators makes me wonder as to the reasons for sudden political revolutions.One thing is obvious that most “Islamic Country’s” have been ruled by dictators and hence the sudden revolt, an inspiration from Western Governments and the revolution of “SOCIAL MEDIA” on the “INTERNET> The most famous being “FACEBOOK”.