Bulldogs debut new football uniforms [video]

The first redesign of the Fresno State football uniforms in 14 years was unveiled Friday, August 12.

Select players modeled the Nike Pro Combat Elite versions of the home and away uniforms in the Josephine Theater at Fresno State.

“The design came out really well,” said Head Coach Pat Hill.

The home uniform maintains its red color, but blue and white stripes have been added to the sides of the arms and legs. For the first time on the home jersey theword ‘Bulldogs’ is embroidered on the front and ‘Fresno State’ on the back of thebelt line.

The away uniforms are white with red, black and grey coloring. The words ‘Fresno State’ are included on the front of the jersey and ‘Bulldogs’ on the back of the belt line.

Both versions of the uniforms are lighter and have breathing lines along their sides. The pants also have a section of mesh built in.

Linebacker Kyle Knox, who was modeling the away uniform, said it has a smoother and cleaner look.

“When we first step out onto the field it’s just like bam! We’re there. We’re ready toplay,” Knox said.

Check out a photo gallery of the new uniforms below.

[nggallery id=27]

$100
$500

$100
$500

dennis allenSep 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm

just watching the game vs nebraska, noticed the “V” on the back of the helmets. What does it signify?