Collegian hosting ASI debate

The Collegian will be hosting an Associated Students, Inc. presidential debate on Monday, March 14 at 5:30 p.m. in Studio A on the west end of the Speech Arts building. The candidates who are running for president are Daniel Harrison, Cesar Sanchez and Selena Farnesi.

The debate will be approximately 30 minutes long and will be hosted by The Collegian’s editor-in-chief Tony Petersen.

Only Fresno State students will be allowed to attend, and students will be required to show their student ID cards to be able to get in to the studio.

ASI has spent much of the past year in the public eye, mostly due to the fact that President Pedro Ramirez admitted to The Collegian that he was an undocumented immigrant enrolled at Fresno State under the California law Assembly Bill 540, which allows undocumented immigrants to enroll in California schools and pay in-state tuition.

This is the first election since Ramirez’s disclosure.

The ASI election will be held from March 22-24.

2011 Election Candidates

• President: Daniel Harrison, Cesar Sanchez and Selena Farnesi
  • Vice President of Finance: Phillip Matson, James Stinecipher and Oscar Perez
  • Agricultural Science & Technology Senator: Madison Maximo
  • Arts & Humanities Senator: Natalie Bachicha
  • Science & Mathematics Senator: Lucien Nana
  • Senator At-Large: Fernando Moreno, Kevin McGuire, Manny Moon, Sean Kiernan, Jaime Moncayo, Victoria Partida, Jose Nava, Dulce Marin, Virgilio Vega, Craig Parks and William Daly.
$100
$500

$100
$500

• AnonymousMar 10, 2011 at 2:05 am

Under what criteria is anyone from this paper remotely qualified to host/mediate/moderate any kind of debate?