Club Rome opens at Granite Park

Janessa Tyler/The Collegian

Lights flashing, music and bass pumping, the crowd swaying in a unified motion ”” these are just a few elements club goers will find at Fresno’s newest club. For those who didn’t visit the night scene this past weekend, an intriguing attraction called Club Rome made its grand opening at Granite Park on Cedar Avenue near Me-N-Ed’s Victory Grill.

Opening its doors this past Friday night, Club Rome brought many people from far and wide as its particular style and charm attracted a diverse spectrum of clubbers. People of all cultures and backgrounds flocked to this center of entertainment.

“We had a very successful weekend,” Lewis Everk, director of entertainment and promotion for Club Rome, said. “People from all corners of Fresno and Clovis came out, and I believe everyone had a good time.”

With its introduction into Fresno’s nightlife now complete, bringing around 3,000 people, Everk hopes that the club’s initial success will roll over to next weekend. Justin Bobby, who starred on MTV’s series “The Hills,” will be a guest host for Club Rome and this, Everk said, should bring even more people to the scene.

“By having this type of big-time club situated in Fresno, people don’t have to take a flight or drive three hours to go to premier clubs that you normally only see in big cities,” Everk said. “Club Rome is unique because it offers this type of experience which you can’t get at any other club in the area.”

Psychology major Leslie Noukhay said she was really pleased with her experience at Club Rome.

“I like the vibe and the building itself, and I also like how everything is setup,” Noukhay said. “The place is really nice ”” better than the clubs you find in Northwest Fresno like Twist or Club Roe.”

Noukhay said she heard about Club Rome opening from her cousin, who lives out of town.

“Although it is not in the better part of town, it is still the best thing out of whatever we have,” Fresno City College student Ethan Wright said. “It is also a lot bigger than any other place in town such as Swiggs or Club Roe and definitely less ghetto.”

Originally occupied by Cabo Wabo Cantina, a restaurant and bar, the building closed down after an issue came between the developer and operator. After about eight months, the manager of Club Rome decided to buy the space and the plans for instituting an elite nightclub began.

Renovating the building to make both the inside and outside look like a classic scene out of Rome itself, the venue offers not only clubbing on the weekends, but a excellent center to host upscale events.

The club also allows for artists of all styles to spread the word about their music as the facility plays various genres. Staking its claim into the nightlife of Fresno, Club Rome hopes to be on the minds of everyone as young and old as they wait for the start of another weekend.

$100
$500

$100
$500

djjimmymartinezFeb 23, 2011 at 10:55 pm

thank you all for contributing to Club Rome s success. We hope you come visit if you have not done so already.