Give a Gobbler for the holidays

A formal kickoff for the “Give a Gobbler” campaign at Fresno State will be held at the Rue and Gwen Gibson Farm Market on campus at 3 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 18, with a goal to donate 200 turkeys to two local organizations.

Donors can purchase a 20 to 25 pound frozen turkey for $25 at the student-operated store located on Chestnut Ave. at Barstow Ave.

For the drive, student-produced Fresno State turkeys purchased by customers of the farm laboratory’s Gibson Farm Market will be distributed to families in need during the coming holiday season through the two community agencies.

Students raise the turkeys on the campus farm under the guidance of Animal Science professor, Dr. Michelle Ganci. Give a Gobbler donations have increased from 50 to 131 in the first three years of the campaign.

Incorporating the university’s Centennial theme and seeking to donate 100 turkeys each to the Community Food Bank and Poverello House, the fourth annual drive was informally launched earlier in the month.

Donation checks can be made out to “Agricultural Foundation of California State University, Fresno” and should be sent to c/o Director of Agricultural Operations.

The store hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.

For more information call (559) 278-4511