Alum headlines conference

Fresno State alum Ramsey Jay Jr., an expert on developing leaders and an­Ebony Magazine “Top 30 Under 30” honoree, will deliver the keynote talk at the­29th Annual African American High School Recruitment Conference.

The free, day-long event features­a student video contest and­offers workshops, lunch and speakers.

Using a­Hollywood-theme­“Fresno State’s Got Talent,” the conference recognizes the­university’s Centennial.

Jay is an associate analyst at Los Angeles-based Ares Management, an investment management firm that specializes in managing assets in both the private equity and leveraged finance markets.­He is a Wall Street-trained adviser to prominent business leaders, author, seminar presenter, speech instructor and speech writer.

He earned his bachelor’s in Business Administration, with an emphasis in finance, from the Craig School of Business at Fresno State and his MBA from Dartmouth College.

Ebony magazine honored Jay in its­February 2007­issue,­citing his work with financial literacy programs and other economic empowerment initiatives at Operation HOPE, Inc.

It will be held from­10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010,­in the Satellite­Student Union.­Check-in for the conference is at 9 a.m. The deadline for registration is Nov. 6, 2010, at­http://2010hsaarc.eventbrite.com.

For information, contact Crabb at (559) 278-2048 or visit www.RamseyJay.com